There are many things that you love about WEFT. Me too. In order to keep those lovable traits and yet adapt to the new media and financial landscape of community radio we are uniting under the WEFT Vision 2020 -- a five year strategic plan that is developing at lightning speed, which is why the board has elected the Rapid Response Team.
Rapid Response Team Members
The Rapid Response Team is made up of three members of WEFT's Board of Directors
- Sandra Ahten
- Al Kurtz
- Vicki Niswander firstname.lastname@example.org:
Board Resolutions - 10/26/15
WEFT's Board of Directors voted unanimously on 10/26/15 to approve 12 Resolutions, which create the Rapid Response Team to lead us over the next five years. Here's the link to the Board's Resolutions .
Vision 2020 On The Air
Vision 2020 is hosted by Sandra Ahten and broadcast at 1:00 pm on the 4th Saturday of each month.
- February 20, 2016 - Sandra Ahten, member of WEFT's Board of Directors hosts the program today. In addition to giving an update on the WEFT 2020 Strategic Plan she interviewed Bill Taylor, one of the founding members of WEFT, about how the radio station was conceived and how it got off of the ground.
- January 16, 2016 - Sandra Ahten, member of WEFT's Board of Directors updates the listeners on the progress being made with the strategic plan, including discussing the overall budget and needs as well as the new intern and staff positions. During the second half hour she discusses new upcoming drop in / podcasts with program host Amy Hassinger (The Literary Life) as well as Evelyn Reynolds of Black Lives Matter who is preparing to proposes a program.
- December 26, 2015 - Host Sandra Ahten speaks with local community media maker Chris Evans about the importance of local public affairs media and how that has looked in the last 20 years in Champaign Urbana and she also updates listeners on the possible changes at WEFT as WEFT Vision 2020 starts to take place.
- October 31, 2015 - The debut broadcast introduces the Vision 2020 project and features an interview with Sally Kane of the NFCB, National Federation of Community Broadcasters.
If you have questions contact WEFT's Station Manager at 217-359-9338.