Big Al's Community Chat Alternating Wednesdays 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Big Al's Community Chat is broadcast the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month, it alternates with the Sync Sound System which airs on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesday.
It is a public affairs show that hopes to enlighten and educate WEFT listeners to the duties and responsibility's of elected and appointed officials. In future shows it will bring exciting guests in many different areas of politics, business, sports, agriculture etc. Host: Al Kurtz
Shows are archived in mp3 format at 56kbps for fast downloads.
December 2015 shows
- December 23, 2015 Big Al's guest is Champaign Police Chief Anthony Cobb.
- December 9, 2015 Big Al discusses a number of local issues.
November 2015 shows
- November 11, 2015 Big Al hosts his first call-in show. Community members discuss issues on their mind.
October 2015 shows
- October 28, 2015 Al's guest is Brian Barnhart, the Voice of the Fighting Illini football and basketball broadcasts.
- October 14, 2015 Al's guests are Wes Jerrell and Leslie Cooperband the owners of Prairie Fruits Farm. They will be discussing local foods, plus the growth of their farm and the importance of local food production and sale. Pattsi Petrie, Chair of the Champaign County Board, will also join to discuss the local foods Policy Council.
September 2015 shows
- September 23, 2015 Al's guest is Pattsi Petrie, Chair of the Champaign County Board.
- September 9, 2015 Al's guest is Rick Voudrie who suffers from Stage IV Polycystic kidney disease a genetic terminal illness and is in need of a kidney transplant. Other guests include Dr. Tabor, Medical Director of the Kidney transplant program at IU, CEO Anne Black, of The National Kidney foundation of Illinois, and Kati Walker a Living Donor.
August 2015 shows
- August 26, 2015 Dr. David Gill is Al's guest
July 2015 shows
- July 22, 2015 Vicki subs for Al, guest is Ralph Martire, Executive Director Of the Center for Budget and Tax Accountability
April 2015 shows
- April 22, 2015 Big Al's Spring Pledge Drive show. During the first 40 minutes the guest is Brad Uken, the manager of the Champaign County Farm Bureau. They discuss the value of our farmers to the economic future of our county, and what the Farm Bureau does for our community. In the last 20 minutes the program includes a history of WEFT and an interview with the WEFT Station Manager, Lori Serb.
Thanks to everyone who donated during our Pledge Drive.
Even though the drive is over, it's never too late to donate!
To donate online, check out our Support WEFT page. Questions? Give us a call, 217-359-9338.