The Prairie Monk Sunday 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Hosted by Dave Monk, the Prairie Monk. The show features notes and anecdotes on natural history, your local physical and cultural landscape, far-away places, folk resources, and resource folks. Learn more about the Prairie Monk's work on his website prairiemonk.org
Shows are archived in mp3 format at 56kbps for fast downloads.
December 2015 shows
November 2015 shows
October 2015 shows
- October 25, 2015
- October 18, 2015
- October 11, 2015 - Eulogies and harvesting prairie seed
- October 04, 2015 - Photos of our local rails to trails, and the Urbana Maker's Fest
September 2015 shows
- September 27, 2015 - More University of Illinois students help on a different Prairie
- September 20, 2015 - University of Illinois students help on a Prairie
- September 13, 2015 - Horticulture in East Central Illinois
- September 06, 2015 - The Boneyard Creek
August 2015 shows
- August 30, 2015 - Speaking of prairie plants
- August 23, 2015 - University of Illinois Agronomy Day, 2015
- August 16, 2015 - Heartland Pathways, looking westward
- August 9, 2015 - Talking with Elizabeth Striano from Rails to Trails in Washington, D.C.
- August 2, 2015 - National rails to trails, continued
July 2015 shows
- July 26, 2015 - The national rails to trails movement comes to East Central Illinois
- July 19, 2015 - Talking with local activist Danielle Chynoweth
- July 12, 2015 - Local planning and reading the landscape
- July 5, 2015 - Fourth of July
June 2015 shows
- June 28, 2015 - Teaching in India
- June 21, 2015 - Mowing highway roadsides
- June 14, 2015 - Bees and other Pollinators
- June 7, 2015 - Prairie dynamics
May 2015 shows
- May 31, 2015 - Talking with Tom Bruno, Champaign City Council
- May 24, 2015 - Railroad updates
- May 17, 2015 - Heartland Pathways field trip: Champaign to Clinton
- May 10, 2015 - Wet springtime and Jane Addams
- May 3, 2015 - Farming encroachment at Weldon
The Prairie Monk shows are also recorded by our friends at UP TV6 (Urbana Public TV) and uploaded to YouTube.
Here's YouTube's playlist of The Prairie Monk shows.
Thanks to everyone who donated during our Pledge Drive.
Even though the drive is over, it's never too late to donate!
To donate online, check out our Support WEFT page. Questions? Give us a call, 217-359-9338.