WEFT Weekender - Interviews Friday - 8:30 am
Friday's Morning Menu show, WEFT Weekender airs 6:00 to 9:00 am. It's hosted by Vicki & Mark Niswander. Each week at 8:30 they interview local musicians, artists, representatives of local organizations and performance venues.
Shows are archived in mp3 format at 192kbps for fast downloads.
April 2021 shows
- April 09, 2021 - Adam Elk, of the Mommyheads.
- April 02, 2021 - John Howard, Director of the Mahomet Public Library, celebrating National Library Week.
March 2021 shows
- March 26, 2021 - Laura Weis, President and CEO of the Champaign County Chamber of Commerce.
- March 19, 2021 - Chad Hoffman, Executive Director of the CU Habitat for Humanity.
- March 05, 2021 - Kari May, Executive Director of the Champaign County Children's Advocacy Center.
February 2021 shows
- February 05, 2021 - WEFTie Gina Pagliuso, co-host of Womyn Making Waves, Sundays at at 1pm.
- February 05, 2021 - WEFTie Todd Hunter, host of Todd's Time Capsule on Wednesdays at 10pm.
January 2021 shows
- January 29, 2021 - Julie Pryde, Administrator for the C-U Public Health Department.
- January 22, 2021 - Charlie Harris, local musician, business owner and member of the Folk and Roots organization.
- January 15, 2021 - Thomas Howley, Director of Mentoring and Community Involvement in the Urbana School District.
- January 08, 2021 - Deb Frank Feinen, Mayor of Champaign.
December 2020 shows
- December 11, 2020 - Laura Bliell, Mom-in-Chief of Chambana Moms.
- December 04, 2020 - WEFTie Jason Finkelman, host of "Fanfare for the Speeding Bullet", Sundays from 8-10pm.
November 2020 shows
- November 27, 2020 - WEFTie Mike Pasteris, host of "Miles Ahead", Tuesday morning jazz.
- November 20, 2020 - WEFTie Alter Ego, host of the Tuesday Morning Menu on WEFT.
- November 20, 2020 - Dr. Susan Zola, Superintendent of Champaign Unit 4 Schools.
- November 13, 2020 - WEFTie Cope Cumpston, collective member and host of "Womyn Making Waves", airing Sundays from 1-3pm.
- November 13, 2020 - Photojournalist Don Manning of Urbana on "The Bob and Melissa Project".
October 2020 shows
- October 30, 2020 - Dr. Brian Cunningham whose research team has developed a method to test for COVID19 using a smartphone.
- October 30, 2020 - WEFTie Mike Feldman, Sound Engineer for WEFT Sessions, Monday nights at 10, and member of the Noiz Assembly.
- October 23, 2020 - WEFTie Rick Schoell, host of Thursday Morning Jazz.
- October 09, 2020 - Bridget Lee-Calfas Promotions and Marketing Director for Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
- October 02, 2020 - Pam Leiter of the Champaign County Forest Preserve.
September 2020 shows
- September 25, 2020 - Darya Shahgheibi of Uniting Pride, formerly known as the UP Center in Champaign.
- September 18, 2020 - Elizabeth Sutton, Executive Director of the Spurlock Museum.
- September 11, 2020 - David Scherer, Assistant Director for the Division of Research Safety at the University of Illinois.
- September 04, 2020 - Max McComb - School Board President of Mahomet-Seymour Schools on their handling of the pandemic.
August 2020 shows
- August 28, 2020 - James Kilgore, Director of Advocacy and Outreach for First Followers.
- August 21, 2020 - Bob Paleczny and Gus Wood, hosts of Radio Free Labor on WEFT.
- August 07, 2020 - Julie Pryde, Public Health Administrator, Champaign-Urbana Public Health District.
July 2020 shows
- July 31, 2020 - Peter Patton, Coordinator of the Self-Help Center and Family Service of Champaign County.
- July 24, 2020 - Evelyn Shapiro, Promotions Director for the Champaign Public Library.
- July 17, 2020 - Andy Duncanson, Lead Singer of Kilborn Alley Blues Band and host of the WEFT Tuesday Blues program, Grits Ain't Groceries.
- July 03, 2020 - Esther Patt, Director of the Champaign-Urbana Tenant Union.
June 2020 shows
- June 26, 2020 - Mike Ingram, Champaign County Board Member, Musician, Activist, and WEFTie (WEFT Sessions).
- June 12, 2020 - Diane Marlin, Mayor of Urbana.
- June 05, 2020 - Alan Kurtz telling stories about Alison Krauss (accompanying our featured album, Paper Airplanes, by Alison Krauss and Union Station).
May 2020 shows
- May 29, 2020 - Terri Reifsteck, Director of Visit Champaign County.
- May 22, 2020 - Xander Hazel, Executive Director of the Champaign Center Partnership.
- May 15, 2020 - Deb Frank Feinen, Mayor of Champaign.
- May 08, 2020 - Kevin Elliott, of Elliott Counseling and host of "From the Joshua Tree Inn" 6pm Tuesdays on WEFT.
- May 01, 2020 - Kevin Kelly, Conductor of the East Central Illinois Youth Orchestra.
March 2020 shows
- March 27, 2020 - Joan Dixon, Executive Director of the Community Foundation of East Central Illinois.
February 2020 shows
- February 23, 2020 - Jennifer White, Organizer of Blues Central on the Snowmelt Blues Festival.
January 2020 shows
- January 03, 2020 - Jeff Scott, Executive Director of the Stephens Family YMCA.
December 2019 shows
- December 27, 2019 - Laura Bleille, director of Chambana Moms.
- December 20, 2019 - Deb Frank Feinen, Mayor of Champaign.
- December 13, 2019 - WEFT's own Craig Koslofsky, history professor at U of I and host of Senor Blues on WEFT.
- December 06, 2019 - Tom Garza, Executive Director of PACA (Preservation and Conservation Association).
October 2019 shows
- October 11, 2019 - Charlie Harris of CU Folk and Roots Festival.
August 2019 shows
- August 30, 2019 - Brad Swanson , director of marketing for the State Farm Center.
- August 23, 2019 - Kristin Davis of Big Brother Big Sisters.
- August 02, 2019 - Kelly White, director of 40 North.
July 2019 shows
- July 19, 2019 - Terry Brown of CU Bands and Fans.
Thanks to everyone who donated during our Pledge Drive.
Even though the drive is over, it's never too late to donate!
To donate online, check out our Support WEFT page. Questions? Give us a call, 217-359-9338.