WEFT Weekender - Interviews Friday - 8:30 am
Friday's Morning Menu show, WEFT Weekender airs 6:00 to 9:00 am. It's hosted by Vicki & Mark Niswander. Each week at 8:30 they interview local musicians, artists, representatives of local organizations and performance venues.
Shows are archived in mp3 format at 192kbps for fast downloads.
November 2023 shows
- November 17, 2023 - an interview with Sarah Buckman, Marketing Manager for the Common Ground Food Coop.
- November 10, 2023 - an interview with Mark Atkinson of ReCompute who reformats used laptops to be given away through Salt and Light.
October 2023 shows
- October 27, 2023 - an interview with Kenny and Keion Battle about a series of basketball clinics for kids with the Champaign Park District.
- October 20, 2023 - an interview with Dr. Scott Schwartz, Director of the Sousa Archive at the University of Illinois, and UI music student, Joe DeMaria, performing on the contrabass sarrusophone.
- October 13, 2023 - an interview with Scott Dossett speaking on behalf of the CU Folk and Roots Festival.
September 2023 shows
- September 29, 2023 - an interview with Adam Elk of the Mommyheads.
- September 22, 2023 - an interview with musician Josh Spinner.
- September 15, 2023 - an interview with Laura Gerhold, President of the Junior League of Champaign Urbana.
- September 08, 2023 - an interview with Terri Riefsteck, Executive Director of Experience Champaign Urbana.
August 2023 shows
- August 11, 2023 - an interview with Jaqueline Evers, Executive Director of the Land Connection.
- August 04, 2023 - an interview with Sarah SandQuist, Executive Director of the Champaign Park District.
July 2023 shows
- July 28, 2023 - an interview with Mitch Marlow and Jack Brighton of the K-Tels.
- July 14, 2023 - an interview with Amanda Ramey and Joe Grohens, members of Bandoneon Massacre on their upcoming Tango event.
June 2023 shows
- June 30, 2023 - an interview with Jenn and Mark Aardsma of "Right Here Music".
- June 23, 2023 - an interview with Miriam Larson, Executive Director of the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center.
- June 16, 2023 - an interview with Sean Kutzko, Assistant Communications Director for Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, about this season's Ellnora Guitar Festival.
- June 09, 2023 - an interview with Eric Bohlen, WEFT's new Station Manager.
- June 02, 2023 - an interview with Michael Daab, Deputy Executive Director of the Champaign County Forest Preserve District.
- May 26, 2023 - an interview with Kelly White, Executive Director of 40 North on the upcoming series of Friday Night Live events happening through the summer.
- May 19, 2023 - an interview with Jason Fowler, Co-Owner and Manager of Pour Brothers Craft TapRoom on the upcoming Beer Festival on June 3.
- May 12, 2023 - an interview with Sue Jones, president of the Prairie Cycle Club.
- May 05, 2023 - an interview with Janet Soesbe, , Community Program Manager for the Urbana Park District.
- April 21, 2023 - an interview with Bryan Heaton, Market Coordinator, Urbana's Market at the Square.
- April 14, 2023 - an interview with Amanda Ramey and Jessi Stark, musicians in a local Tango Orchestra, Bandoneon Massacre.
- April 07, 2023 - an interview with Kelly White, Executive Director of 40 North on the Boneyard Arts Festival.
- March 31, 2023 - an interview with Riccelo Guidorizzi co-chair of the UI Engineering Open House.
- March 24, 2023 - an interview with Elizabeth Sutton, director of the Spurlock Museum.
- March 17, 2023 - an interview with Benji Davis, Irish Harper, discusses and plays the instrument that is the most famous and oldest symbol of Ireland.
- March 10, 2023 - an interview with Dr. Scott Schwartz, Archivist for Music and Fine Arts and Director of the Sousa Archives and Center for American Music at the University of Illinois, and UI student, musician, and music education major, Eric Verplaetz, playing a cornet from the center that dates back to the early 1900s.
- March 03, 2023 - an interview with Ed Hsieh, President of the Entomology Graduate Student Association on the Annual Insect Fear Film Festival at the UI.
- February 24, 2023 - an interview with Sam Banks and Amy Brown of the Don Moyers Boys and Girls Club.
- February 17, 2023 - an interview with Mitch Marlow, local musician and Sales and Public Relations Manager for the Virginia Theater.
- February 10, 2023 - an interview with Jacob Ferguson, attorney for Land of Lincoln Legal Aid.
- February 03, 2023 - an interview with Julie Pryde, administrator of the CU Public Health District with her perspective on COVID, as well as services offered through the CU-PHD.
- January 27, 2023 - an interview with musician and member of the Folk and Roots Organization, Robb Krumm, on the upcoming Winter Weekend performances.
- January 20, 2023 - Katie Harmon, Continuum of Care Coordinator for the Champaign County Regional Planning Commission.
- January 13, 2023 - Lauren Smith, mentoring Coordinator for the Champaign Unit 4 School District, and Angie Armstrong, Coordinator for the Mentoring program in the Urbana School District.
- December 30, 2022 - Anne Clark Skuse, General Manager of Seven Saints Restaurant, and supporter of local music.
- December 16, 2022 - Lisa Wilson, Director of the Refugee Center of Champaign-Urbana.
- December 09, 2022 - Rachel Storm, Assistant Director of Community Engagement and Learning at the Krannert Art Museum.
- November 25, 2022 - Jeff Zolitor, host of "Roots and All" airing Mondays from 8-10pm on WEFT.
- November 18, 2022 - Mary Tiefenbrunn, Executive Director of the Champaign County Humane Society.
- November 11, 2022 - Melissa Courtwright, Executive Director of CU at Home..
- October 28, 2022 - an interview with T.J. Blakeman, President of the Champaign County Museum.
- October 14, 2022 - local musician Rob Krumm, talks about CU Folk & Roots Fest, October 20 -22.
- September 30, 2022 - local musician Reverend Robert, talks about he and the Rhumba Bums playing WEFT Fest this Sunday, October 02.
- September 30, 2022 - local musician Tom Turino.
- September 16, 2022 - local musician Rob Krumm, talks about the CU Folk & Roots Fest, October 20 -22.
- September 16, 2022 - Adam Elk, of the band Mommyheads on their new album release Genius Killer.
- September 02, 2022 - Zack Widup, occasional host of the Grateful Dead Hour on Saturday night, and the co-administrator of CU Bands and Fans on Facebook.
- August 26, 2022 - Danielle Chynoweth, Supervisor of Cunningham Township.
- August 19, 2022 - Dan Waldinger and Denise Reynolds of Mahomet Parks and Recreation.
- August 05, 2022 - Angie Marker, Executive Director of the Community Foundation of East Central Illinois.
- July 29, 2022 - Sean Widener, Mayor of Mahomet.
- July 22, 2022 - Michele Awad, Advisor and Instructor for the Odyssey Project, a program of the University of Illinois that provides free coursework in the humanities for adults with low income.
- July 15, 2022 - Linn Schweig, owner of Pain Solutions in Mahomet, trainer for Posture Therapy.
- July 08, 2022 - Sean Kutzko Assistant Communications Director at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, local musician and former WEFTie.
- May 27, 2022 - Kelly White Executive Director of 40 North discussing Friday Night Live, occurring weekly through the summer.
- May 20, 2022 - Jordan Goebig, Communications Director for the Cancer Center at the University of Illinois.
- May 13, 2022 - Xander Hazel, Executive Director of the Champaign Center Partnership.
- May 06, 2022 - Max McComb President of the Mahomet-Seymour Board of Education.
- April 29, 2022 - interview was Jobie Taylor, Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator, and Vincent Andujo, Construction Projects Manager for YouthBuild, a program of the Housing Authority of Champaign County.
- April 22, 2022 - Dr. Caleb Brooks of the University off Illinois discussing the planned nuclear micro-reactor for the campus.
- April 15, 2022 - Terri Reifsteck, Vice President of Marketing & Community Engagement with Visit Champaign County.
- April 08, 2022 - Mitch Marlow, the Sales and Public Relations Manager for the Virginia Theater.
- April 01, 2022 - Kavya Sudhir and Victoria Kindratenko, Student Co-Directors of the Engineering Open House at the UI.
- March 11, 2022 - Taylor Clay, Advocate and speaker at the recent "That's What She Said" event at the Virginia Theater.
- March 04, 2022 - Rev. Dr. Evelyn Underwood, discussed gun violence in the community.
- January 28, 2022 - Erik Johnson, director of the Staerkel Planetarium at Parkland College.
- January 21, 2022 - Rob Dalhaus, Director of CU at Home, on “One Winter Night”, an event to raise money for, and awareness of, homelessness in Champaign County on Feb 04, 2022.
- January 07, 2022 - Lauren Smith, Coordinator of Community Outreach for the Unit 4 School District, and Nathan Hubbard, Mentor at Jefferson Middle School, discussing the CU Mentoring Program.
- December 24, 2021 - Joel Shoemaker, author of the young adult book, "Bacon Grief".
- November 26, 2021 - Review of the film "WBCN and the American Revolution".
- November 19, 2021 - Julie Pryde, Administrator of the Champaign County Public Health District.
- November 12, 2021 - Former WEFT Airshifter, Doug Kieffer.
- October 15, 2021 - Jenelle Orcherton, local musician and organizer for the CU Jazz Festival.
- October 08, 2021 - Adam Elk of the Indie rock group, the Mommyheads.
- October 01, 2021 - Rob Krumm, representing the CU Folk and Roots Festival.
- September 24, 2021 - Mel Hoeks, member of the Cobalt Blues Band.
- September 17, 2021 - Martha Mills, president of Uniting Pride on Pride Fest 2021.
- August 27, 2021 - Keri Hathhorn, Director of Community Shares of Illinois.
- August 20, 2021 - Janet Summers, Outreach Coordinator of OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute).
- August 13, 2021 - Diane Marlin, Mayor of Urbana.
- August 06, 2021 - Ryan Groff, musician, teacher and music producer, on his career and connections in the community.
- July 30, 2021 - Julie Pryde, Administrator for the Champaign County Health Distrcit, with COVID Updates.
- July 23, 2021 - Bob Paleczny, President of the Prairie Crossroads Blues Society, on the upcoming BluesFest on August 14, 2021.
- July 09, 2021 - Kaitlyn Lonergan, member of the Wildwood String Band.
- July 02, 2021 - Lanna Bartko, President of the Champaign Urbana Jaycees.
- June 25, 2021 - Maureen Reagan, Associated Director at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
- June 11, 2021 - Kelly White, Executive Director of 40 North.
- June 04, 2021 - Blues musician Reverend Robert is interviewed, and plays a live set in the studio.
- May 28, 2021 - Marlys Scarbrough, president of the Rotary Club of Champaign County.
- May 21, 2021 - Jeff Machota, host of Wednesday Morning Prayer Meeting on WEFT, in remembrance of Paul Wirth owner of the Iron Post in Urbana.
- May 14, 2021 - Xander Hazel, Executive Director of the Champaign Center Partnership.
- May 14, 2021 - An update from Magic Mark, who is riding his bicycle, solo, from East Central Illinois to Washington DC.
- May 07, 2021 - Minnie Pearson, President of the NAACP of Champaign County.
- May 07, 2021 - Magic Mark, who is riding his bicycle, solo, from East Central Illinois to Washington DC.
- April 30, 2021 - Alex Bozich, editor of insidethehall.com, with a reflection of the most recent college basketball season, and his views on the next season.
- April 30, 2021 - Alex Bozich, editor of insidethehall.com, with a reflection of the most recent college basketball season, and his views on the next season.
- April 23, 2021 - Steven Harper, Street Outreach Coordinator for CU at Home.
- April 09, 2021 - Adam Elk, of the Mommyheads.
- April 02, 2021 - John Howard, Director of the Mahomet Public Library, celebrating National Library Week.
- March 26, 2021 - Laura Weis, President and CEO of the Champaign County Chamber of Commerce.
- March 19, 2021 - Chad Hoffman, Executive Director of the CU Habitat for Humanity.
- March 05, 2021 - Kari May, Executive Director of the Champaign County Children's Advocacy Center.
- February 05, 2021 - WEFTie Gina Pagliuso, co-host of Womyn Making Waves, Sundays at at 1pm.
- February 05, 2021 - WEFTie Todd Hunter, host of Todd's Time Capsule on Wednesdays at 10pm.
- January 29, 2021 - Julie Pryde, Administrator for the C-U Public Health Department.
- January 22, 2021 - Charlie Harris, local musician, business owner and member of the Folk and Roots organization.
- January 15, 2021 - Thomas Howley, Director of Mentoring and Community Involvement in the Urbana School District.
- January 08, 2021 - Deb Frank Feinen, Mayor of Champaign.
- December 11, 2020 - Laura Bliell, Mom-in-Chief of Chambana Moms.
- December 04, 2020 - WEFTie Jason Finkelman, host of "Fanfare for the Speeding Bullet", Sundays from 8-10pm.
- November 27, 2020 - WEFTie Mike Pasteris, host of "Miles Ahead", Tuesday morning jazz.
- November 20, 2020 - WEFTie Alter Ego, host of the Tuesday Morning Menu on WEFT.
- November 20, 2020 - Dr. Susan Zola, Superintendent of Champaign Unit 4 Schools.
- November 13, 2020 - WEFTie Cope Cumpston, collective member and host of "Womyn Making Waves", airing Sundays from 1-3pm.
- November 13, 2020 - Photojournalist Don Manning of Urbana on "The Bob and Melissa Project".
- October 30, 2020 - Dr. Brian Cunningham whose research team has developed a method to test for COVID19 using a smartphone.
- October 30, 2020 - WEFTie Mike Feldman, Sound Engineer for WEFT Sessions, Monday nights at 10, and member of the Noiz Assembly.
- October 23, 2020 - WEFTie Rick Schoell, host of Thursday Morning Jazz.
- October 09, 2020 - Bridget Lee-Calfas Promotions and Marketing Director for Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
- October 02, 2020 - Pam Leiter of the Champaign County Forest Preserve.
- September 25, 2020 - Darya Shahgheibi of Uniting Pride, formerly known as the UP Center in Champaign.
- September 18, 2020 - Elizabeth Sutton, Executive Director of the Spurlock Museum.
- September 11, 2020 - David Scherer, Assistant Director for the Division of Research Safety at the University of Illinois.
- September 04, 2020 - Max McComb - School Board President of Mahomet-Seymour Schools on their handling of the pandemic.
- August 28, 2020 - James Kilgore, Director of Advocacy and Outreach for First Followers.
- August 21, 2020 - Bob Paleczny and Gus Wood, hosts of Radio Free Labor on WEFT.
- August 07, 2020 - Julie Pryde, Public Health Administrator, Champaign-Urbana Public Health District.
- July 31, 2020 - Peter Patton, Coordinator of the Self-Help Center and Family Service of Champaign County.
- July 24, 2020 - Evelyn Shapiro, Promotions Director for the Champaign Public Library.
- July 17, 2020 - Andy Duncanson, Lead Singer of Kilborn Alley Blues Band and host of the WEFT Tuesday Blues program, Grits Ain't Groceries.
- July 03, 2020 - Esther Patt, Director of the Champaign-Urbana Tenant Union.
- June 26, 2020 - Mike Ingram, Champaign County Board Member, Musician, Activist, and WEFTie (WEFT Sessions).
- June 12, 2020 - Diane Marlin, Mayor of Urbana.
- June 05, 2020 - Alan Kurtz telling stories about Alison Krauss (accompanying our featured album, Paper Airplanes, by Alison Krauss and Union Station).
- May 29, 2020 - Terri Reifsteck, Director of Visit Champaign County.
- May 22, 2020 - Xander Hazel, Executive Director of the Champaign Center Partnership.
- May 15, 2020 - Deb Frank Feinen, Mayor of Champaign.
- May 08, 2020 - Kevin Elliott, of Elliott Counseling and host of "From the Joshua Tree Inn" 6pm Tuesdays on WEFT.
- May 01, 2020 - Kevin Kelly, Conductor of the East Central Illinois Youth Orchestra.
- March 27, 2020 - Joan Dixon, Executive Director of the Community Foundation of East Central Illinois.
- February 23, 2020 - Jennifer White, Organizer of Blues Central on the Snowmelt Blues Festival.
- January 03, 2020 - Jeff Scott, Executive Director of the Stephens Family YMCA.
- December 27, 2019 - Laura Bleille, director of Chambana Moms.
- December 20, 2019 - Deb Frank Feinen, Mayor of Champaign.
- December 13, 2019 - WEFT's own Craig Koslofsky, history professor at U of I and host of Senor Blues on WEFT.
- December 06, 2019 - Tom Garza, Executive Director of PACA (Preservation and Conservation Association).
- October 11, 2019 - Charlie Harris of CU Folk and Roots Festival.
- August 30, 2019 - Brad Swanson , director of marketing for the State Farm Center.
- August 23, 2019 - Kristin Davis of Big Brother Big Sisters.
- August 02, 2019 - Kelly White, director of 40 North.
- July 19, 2019 - Terry Brown of CU Bands and Fans.
May 2023 shows
April 2023 shows
March 2023 shows
February 2023 shows
January 2023 shows
December 2022 shows
November 2022 shows
October 2022 shows
September 2022 shows
August 2022 shows
July 2022 shows
May 2022 shows
April 2022 shows
March 2022 shows
January 2022 shows
December 2021 shows
November 2021 shows
October 2021 shows
September 2021 shows
August 2021 shows
July 2021 shows
June 2021 shows
May 2021 shows
April 2021 shows
March 2021 shows
February 2021 shows
January 2021 shows
December 2020 shows
November 2020 shows
October 2020 shows
September 2020 shows
August 2020 shows
July 2020 shows
June 2020 shows
May 2020 shows
March 2020 shows
February 2020 shows
January 2020 shows
December 2019 shows
October 2019 shows
August 2019 shows
July 2019 shows
Thanks to everyone who donated during our Pledge Drive.
Even though the drive is over, it's never too late to donate!
To donate online, check out our Support WEFT page. Questions? Give us a call, 217-359-9338.